Senior Pension Accountant – Glasgow/Hybrid - £35,000
Are you a qualified, part qualified, or qualified by experience accountant? Do you have experience of working in a pensions environment and would like to work across a varied portfolio?
If you are interested in taking on a Pension Accounting role with increased responsibility this is the role for you. A large financial services organisation is looking to bring an experienced pension or scheme accountant into an established team, servicing a diverse range of clients.
What will the day to day look like?
- Overseeing the preparation and review of Pension Scheme Trust Reports in line with SORP
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting and pension scheme budgeting
- Maintaining ledgers and reviewed quarterly financial statements
- Ensuring investment portfolio accounting is developed in line with scheme accounting policies
- Suggest and introduce relevant changes in line with relevant legislation and standards
- Working alongside internal stakeholders and external auditors regularly
- Reviewing cash flow forecasting, management accounting and budgeting
What experience is needed?
- Experience in a pension accounting environment and previous exposure to SORP
- A background of dealing with both defined benefit and defined contribution pensions and an understanding of relevant legislation
- Either possessing a relevant accounting qualification or relevant practical experience
If this sounds like a role that appeals to you and you have the essential experience, apply today with an up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can get in touch with Alistair Dickson directly to learn more on 077661 44847 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency. HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, and all applications will be treated as such.