When applying for a new role with us, you will need to provide information about yourself and some documents to verify your identity and proof of your Legal Right to Work in the UK. This is to ensure our compliance with Government legislation.
The more prepared you are, by providing the correct information and documents, could mean you start your new job quicker.
Documentation you must bring
An original document for each of the below:
- Proof of Right to Work – An in-date Passport or Birth Certificate
- Proof of Address – Bank Statement or Utility Bill dated within previous 3 months
- Proof of National Insurance – Original card or official government document with number clearly stated e.g. P45/P60
The name stated on all documents must match so if you have a change of name document such as marriage certificate please bring this. If you require additional visas or documentation these will also need to be provided.
For certain roles there may be additional Pre-Employment Screening performed by HRC or your new employer. We will send you a link to complete which you can access on your phone, tablet or computer.
Examples of these checks may include:
- Employment and education references to cover a specified period.
- Proof of activity for gaps in employment. This is usually in the form of bank statements and are simply to show you were not in paid employment at the time.
- A credit check usually covering the previous six years of your address history to check for any adverse results such as CCJ’s. This is not to check your credit score and will not show on your credit history in most cases.
- A criminal record check for any unspent convictions.
- Sanction checks which are specialised searches of government databases that identify individuals who are prohibited from certain activities or industries.
- Directorship checks which verify any current and previously held Company Directorships, as well as any disqualifications. This is to ensure there is no conflict of interest for your new role.
- We may also require the international equivalents of these checks if you have lived outside of the UK within a given time.
Tips & Advice
It is extremely important the information and dates supplied are correct as inconsistencies will be questioned.
For your references we can only use a business email such as @hrcrecruitment.co.uk rather than a Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo address.
Ideally, check with the company that the email you have provided is the correct one as this can save a lot of time further on in the process.
If the compliance team do contact you, the quicker you respond the quicker your compliance will be completed, and you can start your new role.
Keep in mind the compliance team are always on hand to help using email@example.com