Quality Manager - Ardeer - £45K
Role Purpose: As a Quality Manager at our global manufacturing organization, you will play a pivotal role in leading quality data collection, trend analysis, investigations, and process improvements. Your primary responsibility is to ensure that we meet and exceed quality standards while driving continuous improvement initiatives. You will lead from the front and take direct involvement in the day to day so it's important you are hands on.
- Collaborate closely with Production, Technical, and Engineering teams to resolve quality-related issues arising from customer complaints, concerns, and internal incidents.
- Facilitate investigations and resolution of quality issues.
- Conduct or coordinate various levels of quality training.
- Ensure that the quality management system conforms to all ISO requirements.
- Promote a customer-focused approach.
- Work with the technical team and operations to develop and modify methods and procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate processes, products, and materials meet required standards.
- Lead problem-solving activities using industry-standard methodologies, including 8D's, 5 Whys, 3C, DMAIC, Ishikawa fishbone diagrams, and FMEA.
- Strive to enhance efficiency in procedures and processes without compromising quality and identify and implement opportunities for improvement across the operational facility.
- Perform statistical analysis, risk assessments, and lead corrective actions for processes and products.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements.
- Utilize the Nav system for managing non-conformances, deviations, corrective and preventive actions.
- Apply change controls and provide training, support, and facilitate the change control process within operations.
- Lead the Internal and External Quality Audit teams.
- Lead by example.
- Behave with emotional intelligence.
- Build trust and act with integrity.
- Communicate with impact.
- Enable progression.
- Build strong teams.
- Drive and deliver results.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Perform with creativity and innovation.
- Experienced Quality Professional, preferably from a manufacturing background.
- Proven quality experience and working knowledge of compliance, quality, and engineering principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and effectively interact with all levels within the company.
- Ability to work independently without continual direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and solutions to complex problems.
- Highly motivated, resilient, and determined to succeed in this challenging environment.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize while maintaining flexibility.
- Proactive and solution-focused.
Interested? If so, reach out to Bora Kesal @ firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07506374371. Or, click the button to apply directly.