Job Title: PVG Cook
Location: Buckhaven, Fife
Salary: £11.68 per hour
Contracted Hours: 24.5 hours per week
Are you passionate about creating culinary delights and thrive in a kitchen environment? Our client, a renowned establishment in Buckhaven, Fife, is seeking a skilled PVG Cook to join their team at a supported living site. If you are someone who values family-oriented workplace culture and desires excellent benefits, this opportunity is perfect for you.
Are you who we're looking for?
Our client is in search of a dedicated and experienced PVG Cook who possesses the following essential attributes:
- Proven experience as a Cook, with a focus on maintaining high-quality standards
- Possession of a valid PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) certification
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in a kitchen setting
- Flexibility and adaptability to different culinary styles
What does the day-to-day look like?
As our client's PVG Cook at a supported living site, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Preparing and cooking high-quality meals in adherence to dietary requirements
- Ensuring kitchen cleanliness and compliance with hygiene standards
- Collaborating with kitchen staff to coordinate meal preparation
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies as needed
- Offering support in menu planning and development
- Contributing to a positive and collaborative team environment
Potential Career Growth Opportunities:
Our client values professional development and offers potential career growth opportunities, including:
- Cross-training in different kitchen roles
- Opportunities for leadership positions as the team expands
- Participation in culinary workshops and training programs
- Overtime opportunities available/ No night/evening work required
- Excellent holidays of up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees)
- On-the-job and work-related training, including access to accredited qualifications i.e., Advanced Food Hygiene
- Option to buy or sell holidays each year
- The clientt will cover the cost of Disclosure checks for employment opportunities
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Long Service Awards
- Family-Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career breaks
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you are ready to take your culinary skills to the next level and be a part of a supportive team in a supported living environment, our client wants to hear from you!
Interested? Get in touch with Jack Mowbray at and 0131 322 2610, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button below to send in your CV.
Helping to grow great careers and great businesses.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, and all applications will be treated as such.