Project Accountant – Glasgow - £40k-50k DOE – Temp Contract - Hybrid Working
Are you interested in working for a leading Scottish University where you will be valued within a large, friendly finance team?
Do you want an exciting new opportunity to work in a supportive, inclusive and fast-paced environment?
You want to work in an organisation that will invest in developing your skills and knowledge?
What your day to day will look like?
- Providing high quality advice and guidance on research management
- Building relationships with funding bodies or customers.
- Using costing models to produce high quality and accurate costings.
- Delivering a user-focused service that addresses clients' needs effectively.
- Proficiently using relevant IT systems
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Bid preparation / Tendering process
- Dealing with EU funding and grant applications
What skills are we looking for?
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to challenge assumptions and practices.
- Resilient and durable, able to maintain momentum in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly developed communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial awareness and a strong understanding of risk management
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Finance and accounting skills
- Ability to provide advice and guidance in relation to funder requirements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing environments
- Fluency in another European language
What Knowledge or qualifications do I need?
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of costing models/systems and applying these
- An understanding of financial management.
- Knowledge of research management processes
- An awareness of the higher education research environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of typical terms and conditions of grants and contracts
- Knowledge of EU funding schemes, their rules and their processes
- Detailed knowledge of higher education research processes and environment.
Get in touch with James Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org and or simply click the apply button below to send in your CV.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such.