Finance Business Partner, Glasgow, (15 month contract - possibility for permanent) up to £50k DOE.
Do you want an excellent development opportunity to progress your career with a business partnering focus?
Do you want to play a central role in supporting the leadership within the firm and help drive performance?
Do you want to gain exposure to all facets of accounting and be able to tailor your career in a way that best suits you?
What will a day to day look like?
- Business partnering support for budget holders
- Producing and interpreting management information
- Profit and loss review and analysis of variances
- Key member of the team responsible for month end and year end deliverables
- Preparation and review of financial statements and audit deliverables
- Budgeting and reforecasting
- Responsibility for general ledger accuracy (e.g. preparing and reviewing journals, balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing prepayments and accruals)
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns and other tax reporting
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects
Who we are looking for?
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACCA, CA, CIMA)
- Strong digital skills including excel
- Business partnering/ client service experience
- Ability to work well in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to identify issues / opportunities and take action
- Experience of Oracle NetSuite and Caseware advantageous
- Excellent work ethic and positive can do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to network effectively and to build excellent relationships with colleagues across the business
- A flexible, pro-active and innovative approach
- Excellent organisational and time management and prioritisation skills
What can we offer you?
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Annual profit share/bonus for permanent staff (based on firm profitability)
- Birthday leave
- Salary sacrifice pension contributions – 1:1.5 employee: employer contribution ratio (up to max 7.5% ER)
- Private medical insurance (employee cover – funded by firm)
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Confidential employee assistance helpline
- Permanent health insurance / Income protection (75%)
- Many more optional benefits
Does this sound like you? We want to hear from you please click apply or forward your CV onto firstname.lastname@example.org
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer & all applications will be treated as such.