Legal Counsel – St. Andrews – Salary £50K+
You are a diligent, responsible and collaborative lawyer who understands and appreciates the support function and nature of an in-house legal role within a highly reputable business.
You want to join an established and expanding business as it continues to develop and grow. They value inclusiveness, sustainability and equality, and welcome new team members who diversify their culture.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- Scottish and/or English qualified Lawyer
- 1 - 4 years PQE, with experience in commercial law
- A demonstrated interest in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Experience of advising on intellectual property law
- Superior oral and written communication skills, ability to communicated with lawyers and non-lawyers
- You are comfortable working independently and leading their own matters
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Playing a vital role in the implementation of the business’ legal strategy
- Advising and supporting the organisation by providing legal advice across a wide range of legal areas
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on publishing and copyright agreements
- Advising and supporting the business on contentious matters and disputes, liaising with external legal counsel as required
- Supporting the Legal Director in preparation of legal reports presented to senior management and Board and Committees
- Liaising with external legal counsel and internal stakeholders to manage the businesses trademark and patent portfolios
- Working with other remember of the Legal team to set and implement their legal strategy
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible and agile working
- Life assurance & income protection
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Performance-related bonus
- Dress for your day policy
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, get in touch with Isla Stevenson on firstname.lastname@example.org and 0141 212 7765.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such