Finance Business Partner – Glasgow – £40,000
You are looking for a rare, one-of-a-kind opportunity for your next career move.
You want to contribute to an organisation with a purpose that is impactful and has touched many of us in our personal lives.
You want to be part of a finance team that powers an organisation that not only has an undeniable presence in Scotland but also worldwide.
Are You Who We’re Looking For?
You are a highly motivated and experienced finance professional who can work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels. You will have:
- A professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, ACA) or equivalent experience
- Experience in management accounts, business partnering, and scenario planning
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collate, analyse, and present financial information at a high level
- Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of the external business environment
- Experience managing large data sets and with systems implementation
What Does the Day-to-Day Look Like?
- Preparing the annual budget and forward financial forecasts as directed
- Preparing statutory accounts and year-end returns as directed
- Coordinating the annual capital expenditure bidding process
- Preparing regular, accurate data for statutory returns, including but not limited to HESA, TRAC, OSCR, SFC, ONS Returns; FOI Requests; ad hoc requests for information
- Preparing programme reviews and developing new programme costings as directed
- Preparing student number status reports and reconciling them to the data held in the finance system
- Conducting value-for-money reviews of the Conservatoire’s operation
- Administering insurance cover and the annual renewal process
- Collating information for Theatre and Orchestral Tax Relief returns
- Developing and enhancing management information systems in support of the Conservatoire’s evolving requirements
- Supporting budget managers in specific management accounting tasks, including the production of business cases and where necessary supporting the preparation of bid documentation for project funds
- Updating and maintaining the finance process handbook
- Producing annual Financial KPIs
- Overseeing system implementations, scenario planning, and the development of finance projections for strategic projects
- Overseeing credit control function
- Build and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with institutional partners, including Senior Management, Academic Heads of Department, and Professional Services departments
- Deliver ad-hoc and in-depth analysis to provide insights to help shape Finance and Payroll Policies, strategy, and business initiatives
- Ensure secure handling of data in line with our client’s policies
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please get in touch with Ashlene McFadden on email@example.com and 07933829964 or click the apply button below to send in your CV.