CMS expands its Banking team in Edinburgh
HR Consultancy are delighted to announce that we are exclusively supporting CMS Cameron McKenna with the expansion of the Banking team in Scotland.
The team at CMS Cameron McKenna have worked hard over the past 16 months since merging with Dundas & Wilson in Scotland to be the number one choice for clients and also for employees, dedicating as much focus to creating a positive, integrated working environment which supports and encourages individual growth as it does to ensuring client retention through excellent, client-centric service and unrivalled legal expertise.
CMS Cameron McKenna are a prominent full-service, top 25 global law firm with a presence in 32 countries and are leaders in Edinburgh and Glasgow’s Banking scenes having consistently achieved Tier 1 ranking in the Legal 500.
The Scottish Banking Solicitors within CMS handle the most diverse range of work in this sector dealing with transactions from end to end.
This combined with an enviable client list, which includes Royal Bank of Scotland, Lloyds Banking Group, ING Bank, Coca Cola, BP & BT means this will give the successful candidate exposure to consistently high quality, diverse work.
What differentiates the Banking team at CMS in Scotland?
- The breadth of work – the team at CMS deal with all types of banking work from acquisition finance to property finance, corporate leverage finance, asset finance, general banking, aviation finance, oil and gas work, private equity and derivative options and much more
- Opportunity to work with various partners and work closely and openly with other departments and gain exceptional, wide experience and exposure
- Work is generated in Scotland, it is not referral work from London
- Solicitors get involved in whole transaction and from Associate level will run full transactions worth multi-millions of pounds
- Top quality work including cross-border work
- High level of responsibility but a lot of support at all stages
- Opportunity to understand business and strategy and commercial aspect of being a lawyer and cross functionality awareness
- Dedicated Legal Support Unit for assistance and excellent IT systems and support
- Working for a multi-national firm which has retained a personal, welcoming vibe and comfortable size of circa 120 staff in Edinburgh and Glasgow offices
- International secondment and relocation avenues – including London, Dubai, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpa
- Legal Advisor of the Year 2015
- A supportive, genuinely friendly and social team – from annual BBQ’s at the Partners house to CSR events in aid of War Child Charity, such as London to Paris cycle, mentoring in prisons, and after work drinks and quizzes!
- Profitable firm which rewards employees
- High Performance Bonus scheme up to 15% annual salary. This is a personal bonus paid out quarterly –you don’t need to work long hours to hit this, the quarter generally balances out between busy and quiet periods
- Plus additional firm wide bonus – last year 10%
- Good work life balance – generally the banking team leave by 6 most evenings. The Partners stay during busy period / completions and are very supportive of the whole team
- Promotion and salary not incremental, it is not based on PQE and is ability driven. The process is transparent and objective with clear expectations.
- Truly reward hard work
What are CMS looking for?
CMS are looking for both a qualified Solicitor with 3-6 years post qualified experience in banking to join the Edinburgh Banking & International Finance team. This is an exceptional opportunity for a qualified Solicitor with banking experience to work as part of an excellent, highly knowledgeable team led by Caryn Penley, Executive Partner.
For more information please contact Victoria Payne, Head of Legal at HR Consultancy on:
DD: 0141 353 8385